Monday, November 16

Spinning and cycling

A week in late November is not the most reliable time of year to have a 'staycation' in England, but I've got lots of plans for this week, not all of which rely on good weather.

Today I had hoped to go out to Gravesend and do a bit of cycling on the Kent leg of national route 1 but it started off pretty rainy, and once the rain had cleared, the wind became very gusty. I even got my bike out of the shed, but it blew over as I was trying to sort out my panniers. I took this as a sign, and decided to limit my cycling to the local area.

Hence my day was a combination of spinning, cycling and a couple of chores.

I've been spinning this yarn for about a year or perhaps even more. The wheel doesn't get brought out much these days, although with the winter approaching it will probably be making more regular appearances. Late morning after I abandoned the Gravesend plans I put radio 4 on and settled down to spin the remainder of the fibre, and then ply the two bobbins together.



Here it is on the niddy-noddy before I washed it and hung it up to dry.


Then it was out on the bike, along to Lewisham and a couple of miles on the Waterlink Way through Catford to Bell Green, then back through the rather unprepossessing estates of Bellingham to Hither Green, Lee, Blackheath and Greenwich Park.



I caught the late afternoon sunshine from the top of hill right outside the Greenwich Observatory. One of my favourite views.

No comments: